Tough Mudder is a 16km obstacle course designed by British Special Forces. Raising money for the Wounded Warrior Project, the course is designed to test participants’ strength, stamina, drive and most importantly team work!
The Tough Mudder pledge states:
- I understand that Tough Mudder is not a race but a challenge.
- I put teamwork and camaraderie before my course time.
- I do not whine – kids whine.
- I help my fellow mudders complete the course.
- I overcome all fears.
Sounds like a pledge we should apply daily!
The course is 16km long, and includes the following obstacles:
- Everest – running up a quarter pipe
- Funky Monkey – monkey bars above an icy lake, some greased with butter
- Kiss of Mud – crawl in the mud under barbed wire, 8 inches high
- Boa Constrictor – crawl through dark tunnels filled with mud
- Kinky Tunnels – crawl through pitch black tunnels
- Log Jammin’ – hop over or crawl under trees
- Spider’s Web – climb up and over 2 cargo nets
- Berlin Walls #1 – climb over a series of 12 foot high walls
- Bale Bonds – hurl over bales of hay
- Walk the Plank – 15 foot jump into the lake and swim out
- Devil’s Beard – crawl through cargo nets
- Mud Mile – crawl through a series of mud trenches
- Turd’s Net – walk over a cargo net
- Arctic Enema – jump into and walk through ice baths
- Twinkle Toes – walk across a log bridge above a pool of ice
- Blow Smoke up your Ass – walking up wooden steps into a pool of smoke and who knows what else
- Cliffhanger – climb, crawl up a steep, muddy mountain and hold on
- Ball Shrinker – walk across a rickety rope bridge, without falling in the river below
- The Trenches – wade through waist-high mud-filled trenches
- Hold Your Wood – drag a log up a ski slope and don’t fall on your way down
- Log Bog Jog – run over and under fallen trees
- Berlin Walls #2 – so much fun the first time, why not do them twice
- Fire Walker – run through kerosene soaked straw
- Electroshock Therapy – run through a field of live wires
I have to admit that some of these sound absolutely crazy but I want to prove to myself that I can do it…and so, I’ve signed up.
Now all I have to do is start training to be able to do these crazy challenges, because I am NOT spending all my time falling into and crawling out of the freezing mud pools below!