I’m going to be doing sprints for 10 minutes before the weight routine so I’ve decided on a full body program that is high intensity but keeps the volume of exercises low. I’m hoping to do this program for 4-6 weeks, until I can do it with no modifications, despite the fatigue and lack of recovery time I’ll have from the sprints.
- Barbell Push Press 8 reps
- Pull-up with 2 second pause* 6-8 reps
- Alternating dumbbell lunge 8 reps per leg
- Single-leg glute bridge with 3 second pause , 8 reps per leg
- Plank 45 – 60 seconds
- Dumbbell floor press 12 reps
- Bentover dumbbell row 10 reps
- Goblet squat 6-8 reps
I’ll move pretty quickly between exercises to keep my heart rate up, at around 10-20 seconds in between each. I’ll work up to doing the circuit 4 times, resting 2 -3 minutes in between circuits.
Tough Mudder has a workout program that they recommend as well, and I will try it, but for now I want to strengthen my upper body and increase my cardio.